Health and Social Care Apprenticeship
Chanctonbury Health Care Ltd, based in Horam is a great company to work with. We are friendly, supportive and caring towards out staff. We have our own training facilitator to support staff and positively encourage people to reach their potential however they see this defined. We are looking to recruit a Health and Social Care Apprentice, so apply today!
The purpose of the role is to support the care and services offered to elderly residents in a Care Home setting. The key tasks will include:
- Support residents with activities of daily living inc personal care, nutrition and meaning activities etc
- Support with nursing care tasks
- Support kitchen duties Support housekeeping duties
Working week Shifts including weekend work (and nights if appropriate), minimum of 30 hours per week
Weekly wage GBP121.50 - GBP225.00 (Minimum wage for age)
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 14 Aug 2017
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
PERSON SPECIFICATION / SKILLS & VALUES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal skills exhibit a friendly & compassionate nature, open manner, common sense and a sense of humour.
- To provide care & services with an attitude of dignity and respect in undertaking all activities
- To work within a team having a variety of skills, knowledge and experience in a co-operative and friendly manner.
- To commit to own learning (mandatory and developmental) and the support of others development.
- To have (or learn) the skills to reflect on own practice and behaviour to support own development and growth.
- To always show commitment to high quality of care and services within the homes & company.
- To appreciate the importance of leadership qualities and management processes from peer support to 1st level support to strategic decision making.
- Understand the principles behind our policies and procedures (legislation & regulation & best practice guidance) and how having these underpin safe high quality care and services for residents and staff.
- It is understood a 'new starter' is unlikely to come with a fully developed set of qualities and skills but a compassionate nature, friendly demeanour and the desire to grow and develop are key.
- Have an interest in the care sector
- Be willing to learn Qualifications required Math and English at grade C or above (or equivalent) is required for an apprenticeship but not essential for us.
The future for social care work opportunities is good. Increasingly NHS services are being delivered within the community and many services are becoming blended between NHS and social care. This is a great time for innovation and delivering services in new ways. For those with ability and motivation a career in social care can be personally, intellectually and financially rewarding. Once an individual has 'learnt their craft' good companies like ours will support the individual through a clear progression for example; champions, team leading, specialists, deputy and home management positions. Our work is always rewarding but can be challenging so choose a company who will support you.
Things to consider
Benefits available: 1. Meal and beverages free 2. Uniform free 3. Training free 4. Paid breaks 5. Pension The hours are a minimum of 30 per week but could be more. Review us on our website: You will be paid minimum wage for your age.