Apprentice Insurance Clerk, Business Administration
Affinity Select Insurance, based in Uckfield, East Sussex are looking for two business administration apprentices.We are looking for lovely, bright, outgoing people who'd like to be part of our story and help us support the work of architects, engineers, builders, nurses and other professionals who have the power to influence and change lives.
The purpose of the role is to work within a team to assist in a busy insurance office and develop the business. The majority of the duties will include adminsitration taks.The key tasks will include:
- Ensuring a good quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements
- Ensuring full Regulatory Authority Compliance
- Using the phone to make calls and take calls
- Undertaking the job role whilst studying
- Using Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Dealing with enquiries via email
- Filing and scanning when required
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
Working week Mon to Fri 9 - 5.30pm, 37.5hrs per week Weekly wage GBP150.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 16 months
The essential skills for the role include:
- Basic CPU skills including Word/Excel/email /Internet Multi phone use
- Be able to understand the importance of team work
- Be a good listener, polite and dedicated
- Show attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
- Be prepared to take part and enjoy getting up each day
- Demonstrate willingness to work hard, but have fun too
- Willingness to help others - interest in other people and what they do
- Demonstrate understanding of good time keeping
- Keen to study and progress, learn and develop
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Enjoy working with customers
- Attitude is the most important thing to us when we are looking for staff. It is important that all of our staff share our core values:-
We work hard We have fun We look after each other We learn, We educate.
The essential qualifications include Maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C, or equivalent.
It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in Maths and English.
We are looking to take on two longer term employees to work in our busy insurance office. In addition to the NVQ we will be offering full training, including entrance to the Chartered Insurance Institute Exams.
Things to consider We offer flexitime after a period of employment with the firm. There is a cashplan scheme from day one and a pension after 6 months. A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. After 12 months the salary will increase to GBP13,000 per year.