Separation Technology Development Scientist
ProClinical is working with, a global pharmaceutical company, based in Kent that is looking for a Separation Technology Development Scientist to join their team of specialists. You will be required to assess the applicability of membrane separation, continuous extraction and other similar technologies to pharmaceutical chemistry processes.
- Use of membrane separation technology (primarily organic solvent nanofiltration), continuous extraction (primarily liquid-liquid extraction) and other laboratory techniques as required.
- Synthetic organic chemistry, analysis of reaction mixtures and products.
- Contribute to the scientific direction of their work through their knowledge, experience, literature and other resources.
- Partner effectively with internal scientists, as well as external academics and industrial partners as required, to support of their work.
- Present their work clearly and concisely to stakeholders through written and verbal communications.
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of an honours degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Engineering.
- Experience in conducting chemical reactions, work ups and isolations on a laboratory scale in an independent and safe manner.
- Good knowledge & experience in the use of analytical and characterization techniques - e.g. NMR, HPLC & GC.
- Good knowledge of Organic Chemistry.
- Rational and creative approach to problem solving. Ability to apply learning from prior experience to new situations as well as trying new and untested approaches to solve problems.
- Strong learning aptitude, desire and ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within high performing teams as well as independently.
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and efficiency.
- Previous knowledge and experience in the use of membrane, pervapouration, continuous extraction or related technologies would be a plus.
- Pharmaceutical process development experience would be a plus.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nisha Patel on or upload your CV on our website - .
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.