Support Officer- Bromley
Our Client an NHS Clinic are seeking a Support Officer to join the team.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to provide and coordinate administrative and support services; including for example, the preparation of agendas and minutes, taking appropriate follow-up action as required.
- Supporting the team with the management of projects, contracts and initiatives, gathering information and undertaking enquires as and when is necessary for the head of department, teams and the department.
- Administrating communication and support processes including engagement with stakeholders, practices and support processes
- Be a key member of the team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally
- The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
- The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the directorate and the Organisation.
- The post holder will be responsible for supporting:
- One of the three work streams within the Commissioning Directorate - Delivery, Primary Care and Contracting. Including:
The Support Officer for Delivery will administrate and support key projects and initiatives relating to service redesign and strategy and engagement processes/networks with stakeholders and providers
- As the Officer role has the same banding and personal specification, it is anticipated each Officer will rotate through the 3 work streams within the Commissioning Directorate - Delivery, Primary Care, Contracting. This is to help develop work based experience and career development as well as to ensure business continuity.
- Rotation will be done in partnership with the post holder and for reasonable periods of time to ensure the Officer has time to learn the role and the opportunity to demonstrate outcomes.
- On an operational level, Officers will be expected to provide cross cover, co-produce support systems and work flexibly to ensure the Commissioning Directorate can meet surges in demand and workload.
- Key Working Relationships
- Required to maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive, political, and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Work with members of the team to develop and implement project data collection systems that will provide accurate and timely data for contracts.
- Communicate contract information, risks, issues and dependencies, including briefings and reports to Project teams, sponsors and a range of internal and external staff.
- Functional Responsibilities
Provide specialist administration, support and advice to the teams and/or Sector
- Taking telephone calls for the department when out of the office and expected to use their initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
- Sorting and prioritising all incoming mail and e-mail, distributing as appropriate
- Managing electronic diaries, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate
- Undertaking administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing and mail-out distributions
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Organising and planning events as necessary, and provide supporting information material as required.
- Supporting teams in project, contract management and participating in department events.
- Inputting, monitoring and checking data, required for finite and ongoing projects within the teams
- Working with all team members in the collection of information for performance reporting on relevant team projects
- Acting as a point of contact for workstreams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously
- Supplying the relevant information required for financial management, supporting the head of department and teams by checking and sending invoices for payment. Ordering stationery as required.
- Running and collating reports which may include reports to the Board and senior management as required.
- Developing and maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems, to ensure that information is kept securely and is accessible to other members of the team
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing notes of meetings including typing up of group discussions and interviews as necessary
- To provide administrative support including when appropriate to all team members to support a range of department initiatives
- Supervises staff in day to day activities as directed
- Working together with other Officers and staff within the Trust to
- provide an effective network of communication including dealing with visitors to the base and being flexible to cover other administrators' general duties on the base.
- Providing guidance and advice on relevant policies and procedures
- Participate in Research and Development activities as directed
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required