PA to the Engineering Director
Job Title: PA to the Engineering Director
Location: South Darenth
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Our Client is a leader in vehicle safety systems with a comprehensive range of products to reduce the risk of collision and maximise efficiency, including camera monitor systems, reversing alarms, ultrasonic proximity sensors, digital recorders and a thermal image camera.
A global company with subsidiary companies in the USA, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands and South Africa and is in partnership with over 50 specialist distributors worldwide.
Due to expansion and growth of the business and specifically the Engineering Department, the Director is seeking to recruit a competent, confident and professional Personal Assistant to support him in his day to day responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years PA experience and will ideally come from a technical and /or automotive, engineering environment.
- To maximise the Engineering's Directors efficient use of time by dealing personally with agreed aspects of his daily workload and tasks and working with him to proactively seek improvements in this respect.
- To provide effective administrative support to the Engineering team as requested to include booking travel, raising purchase orders, organising meetings and facilities.
- Working with the team to support electronic filing such as ensuring the Product life cycle management database is updated
- Attending Supplier Acquisition and Management meetings in order to provide technical data administration.
- Support project management requirements producing performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators helping the Director and section Managers optimise the team's efficiencies.
- Manage department stationary and IT requirements
- Manage projects delegated by the Engineering Director from time to time.
- To organise Team building/Social Events for engineering staff.
- Ensuring office facilities and equipment are operational and effective for the team use, and work with the Operation manager to ensure the building remains operational.
- Assist in the department's recruitment, management & communications
- Assist in the management of departmental training needs.
- Support the company H&S standard and the Engineering team responsibilities
- Support other PA staff and Directors in their PA's absences.
Key Skills & Requirements:
To be considered for the position you will have:
- A minimum of B grade GCSE's in Maths and English and a typing speed of at least 65 words per minute.
- You will possess practical on the job business skills and have an interest in technology.
- The role requires someone who has a professional manner and is able to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to multi-task are essential.
- You will be a confident, pro-active individual with the ability to work on your own initiative.
In turn our Client offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, and pension scheme.
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Personal Assistant, PA, Office Manager, Senior Office Assistant, Administration Team Leader, Administration Manager, Executive Assistant, Business Support, Admin Manager, Business Support Manager, Technical Data Administrator, Event Management, Technical PA, Automotive Experience, Engineering Experience, Personal Assistant to Director, PA to Director will also be considered for this role.
Apply for PA to the Engineering Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly