Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join Ready Homes based in Rayleigh, Essex.
Ready Homes is a division of the Clearsprings Group and one of the leading private providers of short term accommodation and support services in the UK.
The role will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships in particular on the UASC contract. The role will require 2-3 days in Head Office on a weekly basis, dealing with the writing of method statements, the submission of bid documentation and telephone based business development activity. The remainder of the time will be spent meeting with stakeholders including Local Authorises to create and improve business relationships.
As a Business Development Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Identify suitable bid opportunities
- Write, compile and submit bids
- Undertake telesales activity to generate appointments and sales leads
- Visit relevant sites / customers and deliver sales pitch to win new business opportunities
- Identify ideas and opportunities by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Maintain statistical sales lead and sales pipeline data
- Maintain bid library
- Reports and information as requested by the Operations Director
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Monitor own work levels, progress and development
- Undertake all core training and development programmes as required
- Undertake relevant learning according to agreed Personal Development Plan
COMMUNICATION AND LIASION
All communications must be kept up-to-date (i.e. emails / messages / telephone calls)
- Communicate with external suppliers as required
- Liaise closely with line manager, team members and other teams
- Ensure all records are maintained and kept up to date according to company policies and procedures
- Liaise with field based staff and other group offices
An ideal Business Development Manager will have experience working with Local Authorities.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 960750638 / INDHP